defined as:

the idiot's guide to the fast-twitch, the slow-twitch and the no-twitch as well as the beers after
..or epic ridiculocities and refreshments.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Rapha Gentlemen's Race....oh god what have we done?


Racers, friends, co-conspirators,
I believe St Westerberg said it best "it's too late to turn back, 
here we go....Portland". Of course Paul was right, probably not sober but 
right on the money. But I'm getting ahead of myself, so let's catch up.
This week I got an email from our new favorite director sportif
Slate Olsen from Rapha USA, offering us a slot in the Gentlemen's Race,
in Portland!! yes cycling mecca. I quickly confirmed that he was not 
shipping me off to Maine(which I hear is quite nice). Then the message went out to the usual suspects. 
you know who you are.

As we get the logistics ready for this September event of a lifetime, I'll keep you up to date.
Mr Hawkins summed it up nicely, saying that its just an epic ride with your blokes, then drinking.
No, I didn't know he was english either.  the things you learn.  I'll also get to hang w Mr Duroy of the indesiderati.
That will probably only be at the start and when my slow ass finishes, but good stuff nonetheless.
It'll be helpful to have him there as he is a dr and I may need to unearth some childhood issues.
Just thought I'd warn him.
More to come, racers names to be unveiled(after wives are asked and all),  you'll see. this'll be good. I promise.
Why are you looking at me like that?

No comments: